I often see advertisements for Private Investigators in Fort Worth or the surrounding areas, but when I look them up, they aren’t actually licensed in the State of Texas. Many times, they use a Regus type of address to make it look like they are local or have a brick and mortar in Downtown Fort Worth. If you’re looking for a Private Investigator in Fort Worth or a Private Investigator in Dallas, or any other surrounding area, verify that they are actually a licensed agency in the state of Texas.
Simply go to this link https://tops.portal.texas.gov/psp-self-service/search/index and search for the company or investigator’s name.
This problem isn’t just found on Google searches, this includes Craigslist advertisements or even the people you see offering or advertising to be a Private Investigator on social media sites like Facebook. Keep in mind that all advertisements should include the company license.
Some of the reasons you want to verify that the person you hire is licensed:
- you could be charged with stalking and so can the person you hired! This includes paying your friend to do surveillance on your wife, employees, etc. This will make like very difficult for everyone involved if they are caught. Not to mention the very large fines that the state imposes on unlicensed work.
- any work that is done by unlicensed individuals will not be court admissible. All of the money and effort put into that work will be wasted.
- You have no recourse if they burn you. Department of Public Safety’s Private Security Board doesn’t have much pull on someone that isn’t licensed, anyhow.
- You don’t know if this person knows what they are doing. They probably don’t. I don’t care how smooth they are with the story they tell you, they don’t do this every day.
- If you think a licensed professional is expensive, the cost of hiring an amateur will blow your mind.
Feel free to call me! My office is in Haltom City, I’m minutes from Downtown Fort Worth and the Tarrant County Courts and about 20 minutes from Arlington. I’m conveniently located on Airport Freeway between the Minnis and Carson exits.